General Admissions Requirements to Focus College
To qualify for general admissions into Focus College we ask that candidates meet these requirements:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent Canadian qualification. You have either have relevant experience or be a mature student.
- A sufficient knowledge of the English language. In case of students from Non English speaking countries/territories, students will have to demonstrate their English proficiency at minimum IELTS Band level 6.0 OR equivalent. (In case of no proof of English proficiency or lower English proficiency level, students will have to take an English crash course at Focus College).
Diploma and Short Course Requirements
For admission requirements and prerequisites for our diploma programs and shorter courses visit each individual program or course for full details.
We encourage students to have a financial plan in place to cover tuition and living expenses. We provide Canadian students with information on scholarships, Student Loans and Focus College installment payment plans. International students are not eligible for scholarships and student loans.
Students applying from within Canada
- You are required to demonstrate that you meet the admission requirements for the program you are registered in.
- Bring all required documents and photo ID clearly stating your full name and date of birth with you when you register.
- Send in your completed application online.
- When your admissions eligibility is confirmed you will be required to pay an application fee of $250 CDN to secure your space in the program you’ve selected.
- If you are paying for your education yourself you can pay for your first year fee in advance or talk to us about our installment plan. If you are paying by student loans please let our office know.
- Ensure that you have medical coverage.
Note: In the event that English is your second language you are required to provide a proficiency document to demonstrate your level of English knowledge. If you do not have documentation to present your English language proficiency, then during an intake assessment Focus College will determine if you have the required ability to understand and complete the course. If you do not have the required English proficiency, a three-month English Crash Course will be offered prior to the start of your program.
Students applying from outside of Canada
For full details on International student application process click the details button below.
Tuition and Refund Policy
Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institution Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC. The refund policy is in accordance with the PTIB (see below).
To be considered for a refund, students must submit written notice of withdrawal to Focus College either by email, mail or fax. If the notice is hand delivered it requires that the College stamps the notice and provides a copy to the student for their records. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.