English As A Second Language (ESL) "Crash Course"
This course is for beginners and advanced beginners. You will learn English for everyday life, work and emergency situations. You will be introduced to Canadian culture, consumer economics, and aspects of Canadian citizenship.
The course covers basic English communication (grammar, vocabulary and speaking), life in Canada and English for emergencies.
- Communicate in English and read and write short English texts.
- Request or clarify information in a variety of situations.
- Introduce, thank, apologize, compliment, express pleasure or regret.
- Understand traffic signs and common laws, shop, follow simple recipes, and use Canadian currency.
- Place emergency phone calls and communicate situations to emergency services and doctors.
- Ask for and give directions.
- Fill in common government services or job-related forms and produce a resume in English.
Is Career Training Right for You? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now >>
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
FEES in CDN$
Over 11 weeks.
Students will learn basic and advanced begninners English with a focus on grammar.
This unit will focus on oral English.
This unit will focus on how to learn to read and write in English.
This unit will focus on how to learn to listen and understand.
The student will learn about the Canadian culture.
This unit will focus on the English language.