English As A Second Language (ESL) "Crash Course"
This course is for beginners and advanced beginners. You will learn English for everyday life, work and emergency situations. You will be introduced to Canadian culture, consumer economics, and aspects of Canadian citizenship.
The course covers basic English communication (grammar, vocabulary, speaking, etc.), life in Canada and English for emergencies.
- Communicate in English and read and write short English texts
- Request or clarify information in a variety of situations
- Introduce, thank, apologize, compliment, express pleasure or regret
- Understand traffic signs and common laws, shop, follow simple recipes, and use Canadian currency
- Place emergency phone calls and communicate situations to emergency services and doctors
- Ask for and give directions
- Fill in common government services or job-related forms and produce a resume in English
Who does this qualification suit
Minimum 18 years of age.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
FEES in CDN$
Contact Focus College for pricing.
Over 11 weeks.
Fill out the form and we'll contact you.
Students will learn basic and advanced begninners English with a focus on grammar.
This unit will focus on oral English.
Learn to read and write in English.
Learn to listen and understand.
Understanding the Canadian culture.
Focusing on the English language.