Focus College welcomes International Students!
We support your journey from the moment you apply and throughout your entire education experience with us.
You are required to have an IELTS Band score. If you don’t have this information Focus College recommends that you perform an assessment with us. There is a $250 CDN assessment fee. If you have your IELTS Band score and it’s lower than 6.0 then Focus College requires that you take the English Crash Course prior to enrolling in your desired program. If you have an IELTS Band score of 6.0 and your English doesn’t meet the standards in comprehending the program content you are registered in, then you will be asked to take the ESL crash course while enrolled in your program.
Refer to your program’s English requirements to understand your required level of English and then review our ELS crash course offering.
- Apply for your area of study at Focus college. Your agent will help you in completing your online application.
- Your application must include the following items:
3. We will send you a conditional acceptance letter within 3-5 days from the day we receive your full application which includes all required documents and fees.
4. Once you meet all the requirements outlined in your conditional offer, your confirmation of acceptance will be issued and sent to you.
5. You can apply for your Canadian student visa once you receive your confirmation of acceptance from Focus College.
6. As soon as your visa is approved please send a copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If your visa is refused please send a copy of your refusal letter by email to email@example.com. We require your visa refusal letter to process your refund. Refunds are issued within 4 to 6 weeks of the receiving and verifying it.
Tuition and Refund Policy
Focus College is designated by the Private Training Institution Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC. The following refund policy is in accordance with the PTIB.
To be considered for a refund, students must submit written notice of withdrawal to Focus College either by email, mail or fax. If the notice is hand delivered it requires that the College stamps the notice and provides a copy to the student for their records. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
Arriving in Canada
- Plan to arrive in Canada at least one week before your program begins.
- Within 48 hours (not included weekends or holidays) of arriving to Canada you must contact Focus College at 250-861-5808 to book an appointment with an admissions advisor. If you don’t contact us within 48 hours of arriving into Canada we may report you to Immigration Canada.
- Book an appointment with an admissions advisor to review the items listed below so that we can help you transition smoothly and get you started with your student life in Canada.