Introduction to Computers Using Windows OS
Program Description & HIGHLIGHTS
This course is designed to provide an overview of basic computer functions and their application to the workplace. Students will learn how to navigate the operating system, create and store documents and work with basic computer hardware and software found in the workplace.
The course will provide a breadth of competences. The specific aims of the course is to:
- Complete all exercises using Windows 10
- Use basic OS commands and functions
- Create, edit, save and print documents using Windows Accessories
- Use common types of computer hardware/software
- Manage file and folders
- Establish and manage an effective directory
- Use Window accessories
- Use effectively WordPad, Notepad, Paintbrush & other accessories
- Navigate Microsoft Edge browser
- Use search engine functionalities
- Using the internet safely and effectively
- Explore social media
- Learn the use of one drive
Minimum 19 years of age or minimum out of school for a year.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
Contact Focus College for pricing.
50 hours of classroom instruction plus exercises and project.
- Computer with Windows 10
- Textbook needs to be purchased by student.
- Course textbook is:
Microsoft Windows 10 Simple & Easy (Basic & intermediate)
- On campus delivery.
- Course is designed for students who have little or no computer knowledge.
- Students are required to maintain 100% attendance throughout the program.
- Approximately 2 hours of self study time is required for this course.
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of C or higher.
- Office attire is expected.