Program Description & HIGHLIGHTS
This Microsoft Access teaches students how to design data tables, select appropriate data types and relate tables logically. Students will create and modify database objects including tables, forms, reports, and queries and will apply intermediate skills to streamline data entry, ensure data integrity, automate tasks and analyze data.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will develop and demonstrate ability to:
- Understand database concepts and terminology
- Explore the program and its menus
- Create database files
- Define fields and table structure
- Create edit and data in new tables
- Create the primary key
- Use the help system
- Switch between the data and design view
- Create forms and add data
- Switch from layout view to form view.
- Create Queries
- Filter data
- Create reports
- Customize forms and reports
This course is designed for students who are familiar with personal computers, using a keyboard and using a mouse. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Windows course or have equivalent Microsoft Windows knowledge and experience.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
Contact Focus College for pricing.
24 hours of classroom instruction plus exercises and project.