Office Manager Certificate
The Office Manager Certificate program will equip the students with office, managerial, leadership, computer technology skills as well as administration, presentation, marketing, human resource management and communication skills.
Students who complete this course will be able to secure many positions as Office Managers, Office Administrators, Supervisors, Office Assistants, Human Resource & Marketing Personal.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate knowledge of operating popular computer applications.
- Work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & Email & Ms Project.
- Develop the skills to create powerful presentations with graphs, tables, and embedded graphics.
- Develop an awareness of the skills needed to work in today’s workforce.
- Develop interpersonal communications and management skills.
- Write proper business letters and other documents.
- Demonstrate modern office skills and managerial skills.
- Develop skills for managing an office.
- Understand marketing concepts, principles and application.
- Discover and apply sales strategies.
- Understand and apply skills in human resources management, planning, strategies & recruitment process.
- Minimum 18 years of age or out of school for a minimum of 1 year.
Is a Career as an Administration Professional Right for You? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Administration Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
FEES in CDN$
- IBM compatible computer with a minimum of 8 Gigabyte hard drive, 1 Gig Ram
- Windows 10
- Office 2016
- On campus delivery through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on training.
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program.
- In order to graduate, students must pass all units through the program with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Students progress is monitored weekly through assignments, quizzes, projects and tests. Final assessment is conducted at the end of the course for each program.
This course covers the soft skills required to obtain and retain employment, including communication skills, emotional intelligence, goal setting, stress management, problem solving and team work.
This course teaches students how to create different kinds of business documents using a variety of core and intermediate skills such as letters, memos, forms, newsletters, and reports.
Microsoft Excel teaches the student how to work with different types of documents using a variety of core and intermediate features to create and edit professional looking spreadsheets for a variety of purposes and situations.
The Microsoft PowerPoint course covers all the topics needed to to create and manage presentations. Some topics included are charts & tables, slide masters, adding multimedia elements, and delivering the presentations.
This course teaches the students how to use the various elements such as mail, calendar or contacts to coordinate communications and collaborations with others. The user will acquire fundamental concepts and skills, building on this foundation as they increase their productivity in communication and sharing information with others.
This course is filled with insights into improving one’s written business communications. From everyday letters, emails, and reports to Web site content, proposals, and new media, students will discover what it takes to make every written word and document.
In this course students will get an increased awareness of project management concepts. They will learn to apply planning and organizing techniques for good time management, demonstrate a logical approach to project planning, prepare and evaluate projects, use project management software to effectively manage projects for better decision making and develop skills to evaluate projects.
This course explores different models, conceptualizations, and measures of leader interpersonal and influence “soft skills” that are so necessary for effective leadership. These include the communication skills, persuasion skills, political savvy, and emotional abilities used by leaders to inspire, motivate, and move followers toward the accomplishment of goals.
This course focuses on marketing, strategic planning, and digital or online marketing. Social media marketing enables students to study how and when they want−including on a smart phone! Whatever you sell, wherever you compete, this course will help you build leads, traffic, sales, market share – and profits!
This is a continuation of Marketing & Sales Strategies. This course focuses on branding, pricing, and marketing channels.
Human Resource Management uniquely provides a strategic explanation of how established Human Resource policies can be adapted to meet new challenges. In addition to a thorough exposition of the main policy areas this course offers an introduction to organizational behaviour studies, incorporates relevant aspects of employee relations, and presents an overview of employment law.
This course focuses on Recruitment and Selection, Job Analysis-Defining Performance, Sourcing, Selecting Employees, Developing People, Performance Appraisal, Talent Management, and Learning and Development.
This course focuses on Employee Relations, Evaluation, Pay Systems, Total Rewards, Corporate Governance and HRM, Disputes and Ways of Resolving Conflict, Consultation, Participation and Employee Engagement, and Well-being at Work.
This course gives an overview of skills required for self-employment. Instruction covers orientation of job skills, training required in the new millennium, job interview skills, resume writing, cover letters, and references.