QuickBooks Level 1
Program Description & HIGHLIGHTS
QuickBooks Premier 2015 Level 1 teaches you how to perform daily accounting tasks in the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
The course will provide a breadth of competences. The specific aims of the course is to provide students with the knowledge to:
- start and exit QuickBooks Premier
- access QuickBooks Help feature
- create, modify, find, edit, and delete General Ledger accounts
- save changes to company data files
- enter, adjust, and delete General Journal transactions
- backup company data
- change company information
- create and change inventory and service items
- create and modify vendor records
- enter and modify bills
- write cheques
- issue and fill purchase orders
- pay vendor bills and print cheques
- create new and modify existing customers
- enter new cash and credit sales invoices for customers
- record payments received from customers
- record deposits of customer payments in order to update your bank balance
- print invoices, statements and related forms for customers
- bank any undeposited funds
- set up the payroll module and preferences
- set up and modify the employee defaults
- edit individual employee data
- add a new employee
- set payroll preferences
- create and use payroll schedules
- write payroll cheques
- print payroll cheques and paystubs
- create payroll reports
- remit government and other payroll liabilities
- run reports on accounts, inventory, customers, vendors, and employees
- run financial reports
- work with the calendar, snapshot, and the reminder list understand year end procedures
Minimum 18 years of age.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
Contact Focus College for pricing.
50 hours of classroom instruction plus exercises and project.
QuickBooks Premier 2017 – Level 1 MasterTrak™ Accounting Series
Computer with QuickBooks 2017 software
- On campus delivery.
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program.
- Approximately 10 hours of self study time is required for this course.
Students must have completed Microsoft Windows Level 1, or be able to demonstrate equivalent basic PC and Windows knowledge. They must also understand how a business functions to fully understand the concepts discussed.