QuickBooks Level 2
Program Description & HIGHLIGHTS
This courseware is a continuation of basic features for daily accounting tasks using QuickBooks and will introduce some of the more advanced functions and capabilities of QuickBooks. Students will look at how to create company files, and deal with more advanced tasks for receivables, payables, inventory and payroll.
The course will provide a breadth of competences. The specific aims of the course is to provide students with the knowledge to:
- set up a new company using the EasyStep Interview
- set up the Chart of Accounts and enter database details into the ledgers
- enter historical data into all ledgers (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory and ‘Payroll),
- set up banking and credit card processing
- set up user security in QuickBooks
- set up budgeting and handling accounting by class
- manage Inventory: counts, write-offs, item-assembly
- advanced payroll features: tax tables, types of income and deductions, payroll remittance, generating a payroll run, remitting payroll deductions/contributions, employee departures, generating T4 slips
- work with foreign currency
- handle deductions, NSF cheques and bad debts,
- remit deductions and taxes
Minimum 18 years of age.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
Contact Focus College for pricing.
50 hours of classroom instruction plus exercises and project.
QuickBooks by Intuit
Computer with QuickBooks 2017 software
- On campus delivery.
- Students are required to maintain 80% attendance throughout the program.
- Approximately 10 hours of self study time is required for this course.
Students must have completed Microsoft Windows Level 1, or be able to demonstrate equivalent basic PC and Windows knowledge. They must also understand how a business functions to fully understand the concepts discussed.