Frequently Asked Questions by Students
Here’s a list of frequently asked questions on admissions, programs and application by Focus College students.. If you have any other questions please call Focus College or email email@example.com. We will respond to all email inquiries with 48 hours.
- Our instructors understand your learning style and cater to each students needs.
- Smaller class sizes means students receive greater one on one time instruction from their professors.
- Competitive fees compared with public universities and other private colleges.
- Career focused education with the ability to transfer to our 75 partnered universities worldwide.
- Scholarship available to fund your education.
Focus College is designated by the Ministry of Advanced Education Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB). Focus College is also designated by the BC Education Quality Assurance (EQA), which is the highest quality standard in BC. Focus College holds the Designated Learning Institute status and listed on the DLI list of CIC.
Focus College is a designated learning Institute in accordance with the BC Government.
Focus College delivers a high standard of education to each student. We support future alumni students by providing industry connections to help with future career endeavors. Similar to other institutions we are not in a position to guarantee employment.
If your student visa is denied and you have informed the college on time, you will be eligible for the full refund of your tuition fee that’s been paid. The refund applications are processed in 4 to 6 weeks of the refund application receipt.
Focus College accepts eligible International students.
Review our Canadian resident admissions requirements and also our International requirements.
For all of our Advanced Diploma programs we do require students to have an IELTS level of at least 6.0 before starting the program. You can take an evaluation test with us to determine your level and if required enroll in a crash ESL course.
Review our Canadian resident admissions requirements and also our International requirements for the program you want to enroll in.
For the complete application process for International Students visit our International Students Page.
We can support you with your search for accommodation.
To do so you must notify us at least one or two months notice prior to arriving in Canada. Accomodation is based on availability. Cost of accommodation varies depending on what city you will be studying in.
Focus College will work with our students to figure out a payment plan for their education.
There are plenty of Student Loan options available to domestic students such as the Provincial Government run Student Aid BC, as well there are many private banks which can offer student loans for diploma programs and shorter courses.
To stay in Canada you will need to ensure your Student Visa is updated.
Visit the Government of Canada’s Immigration and Citizenship sites which details the options available to you.
The only requirements for registering into the diploma programs are:
- Minimum Grade 12 or Equivalent Canadian qualification
- If English is your second language then you required to have an IELTS level 6.0 OR equivalent (In case of other testing standards). Should your language proficiency be lower than what is expected at the start of the course you will be required to take an English crash course at Focus College before continuing your program.