Word Level 1
Program Description & HIGHLIGHTS
This course introduces students how to create and edit documents, save, open or close documents, apply formatting options, set tabs and indents, change the view mode, manipulate the text using features such as copy and paste, and preview and then print the document.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will develop and demonstrate ability to:
- create, edit, save, open, and close documents
- select text for further action such as formatting, deleting, copying, pasting, etc.
- change the view mode for specific types of editing tasks
- apply character and paragraph formatting options
- set tabs and indents for columnar types of information such as financial reports
- change the margins, paper size or orientation for a document
- control the text flow using appropriate page breaks
- use headers and footers in a document
- find and replace information in a document
- preview and print documents
- create, edit, and print envelopes or labels
Introduction to Windows or equivalent Microsoft Windows knowledge and experience.
Offered at both Kelowna and Surrey campus.
Contact Focus College for pricing.
25 hours of classroom instruction plus exercises and project.